The massage (from “massaging, touching, kneading”) is used to mechanically influence skin, connective tissue and musculature by stretching, tensile and compressive stress. The effect of the massage extends from the treated part of the body over the entire organism and also includes the psyche.
How does the massage affect your health?
- Local increase in blood flow
- Reduction of blood pressure and pulse rate
- Relaxation of the muscles
- Dissolve adhesions and scars
- Improved wound healing
- Pain relief
- Effect on internal organs via reflex arcs
- Psychological relaxation
- Reduction of stress
- Improvement of cell metabolism in tissue
- Relaxation of skin and connective tissue
- Influencing the vegetative nervous system
Skin contact, metabolic excitation and relaxation have a positive effect on the psychological condition. The massage is ideal for improving your own body perception and can be used to prevent stress and supplementary therapy for anxiety disorders or depression.