Meditation (of “meditation, contemplation, contemplation”) is a spiritual practice practiced in many religions and cultures. Through mindfulness or concentration exercises, the mind should calm down and gather. In Eastern cultures it is considered a basic and central awareness-raising exercise.
How does meditation work?
The effect of meditation is complex. Studies show the positive effects of meditation on health in the following areas:
Meditation strengthens physical health
- Reduction of hypertension, the heartbeat is slowed, breathing is deepened, muscle tension is reduced.
- Improved treatment of chronic and tension pain
- Strengthening the immune system and health
- Reduction of headaches
- Relaxing effect on stress
Meditation strengthens mental health
- Reduction of anxiety
- Reduction and better recovery during burnout and depression
- Minimize sleep disorders
- Reduction of stress tinnitus, obsessive-compulsive disorder
Meditation supports behavioral changes and / or helps with behavioral disorders
- Reduction of aggression
- Recovery of alcohol abuse
- Reduction of eating disorders
- Overcoming learning difficulties
- Improved handling of addiction